As a Baby Boomer you might recall going to the department store to purchase your first tennis shoes because at that time you could get a PF Flyer or a Red Ball Jet both of which would make you run faster and jump higher. These were the only real brands that were available and no one thought about fit or comfort. All canvas shoes of this type were referred to as tennis shoes or sneakers.
Fast forward to shoes today and you can find an athletic shoe for any type of athlete. From tennis shoes to soccer you will find something that fits your needs. Today designers have concentrated on the comfort and fit of the shoe so that when someone is performing in athletics they have the support they need to do the sport in the best way possible. As an example, here are a set of very comfortable Air Jordan’s to check out for sports or any occasion. The opportunity for online styles is tremendous!
Guidelines for choosing the best shoe for your needs
– Shop for shoes at the end of the day — you will find that trying on shoes after you have been working out will give you a better feel for how your new shoes fit. This is because your feet have a tendency to swell up when you are engaged in some activity and this is when you want to make sure they fit the most.
– Try them out — although you can’t try them out of the store you can walk or run in them a bit in the store. Check to see how comfortable they are during this activity.
– Chose your socks well – when you are trying on new shoes make sure you wear the same type of sock that you would wear with you athletic shoes. This is important because you will get a better feel for the comfort level with socks on.
– The heel should fit – when you walk or run in these shoes the heel should be snug but not too tight. They should not slip so if they do either tighten the ties or find a different shoe. These
– Wiggle your toes– if it is a good fit you should still be able to wiggle your toes. If you have no wiggle they are too tight. You can make sure that you get the right fit when you choose something from this Air Force Ones Group. These will definitely have you wiggling your toes for fun since they are so comfortable.
The month of October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. And has been so for several years. If you have watched an NFL game anytime in the last two weeks you may have noticed the pink shoes, towels, wristbands, and even gloves that are being worn by most of the football players in the National Football League. With pink being representative of the fight against breast cancer, we have and will see pink athletic gear worn during events this month. This, of course, includes basketball shoes. Every year the major shoe companies drop several models of pink-colored basketball kicks. Nike has already dropped a pair of Kobe VI’s and LeBron V “Soldier’s” in the “Think Pink” colorway. Think Pink has been the phrase used to bring awareness to the fight against breast cancer. Although they have already dropped a couple of pink basketball kicks, Nike is not done releasing these shoes yet.
The newest edition of the Nike’s “Think Pink” line is the Hyperdunk 2011. This shoe, and the previous shoes dropped in the color pink, are in honor of Kay Yow. Yow was the head coach of the women’s basketball team at North Carolina State University and battled breast cancer for two decades before passing away in 2009. Some of the proceeds of the sale of these shoes are contributed to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. This organization was set up to continue the fight against breast cancer and bring awareness to this devasting disease. Nike is not the only major athletic company that is contributing to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Adidas and Reebok also contribute significantly towards the fight against breast cancer.
The latest edition of the “Think Pink” Nike Hyperdunk has taken the new, innovative technology of Flywire and improved it. This improved Flywire now molds to the foot in a much more efficient way and actually allows the foot to move with it. The new Flywire is lighter and more comfortable. It also provides rock solid stability. All that you could possibly ask for in an upper is on the Hyperdunk 2011. The shoe that originated as the lightest basketball shoe in 2008 is now one of the most stable and supportive shoes on the market.
This won’t be the last pair of Nike shoes for basketball to drop in pink. Until there is a cure for breast cancer there are going to be pink colored athletic shoes released. Released to support a great cause.
The Shoes Make the Man
The newest in the Nike Air Zoom franchise, the Zoom LeBron Soldier 4 sets a new bar from all the previous shoes from this line. Named after the rising NBA star LeBron James, the latest release of his signature shoes embody all that a basketball player can be. After all, the shoes make the man – and in this case, we now it’s the truth. James himself wears these shoes to his basketball games, and we know how excellently he performs once he’s on the court.
The Zoom LeBron Soldier 4 features a single strap for more breathability, a Max Air unit in the heel plus a Zoom Air unit in front. Made of patented leather, the shoes still have the King James lion on the tongue and the LJ23 logo. There’s also the Dunkman silhouette which can be spotted on the back of the shoe. It also has a midsole stacked all the way up, reminiscent of the earlier Zoom LeBron 6. The usual colorways are also available, such as the white/navy/silver colorway, Cleveland Cavaliers’ colors, which any Cavalier fan would be excited to own. We have yet another great example of how form and function can work together to produce an amazing design. This is a shoe that not only looks well, but plays well. You would never be afraid to take this out to an intense basketball game, because this would certainly do you no disservice in your part.
Bringing style, comfort and lightness to any wearer, the Zoom LeBron Soldier 4 is a shoe to watch out for. We can predict that these will be the shoes LeBron James will be sporting once the 2010 playoffs come around.